Got the idea from Kate, and I love movie quotes so I’m going to play too. (This would also be fun with song lyrics!)
The basic rules are that you list ten movie quotes from IMDB of some of your favorite movies.
However, since I’m having trouble picking ten, and I’ll be on vacation, I’m going to do 15.
You get to guess.
Generally the approach is that I should edit and strikeout the ones that people have guessed but since I’m on vacation right now, well, let’s just say I’d much rather be drinking a daiquiri than updating a blog, and I’m fairly confident I’ll have no means to do that anyway. So you guys keep track in the comments, and correct anyone who’s wrong. OK? OK!
No cheating, or I will throttle you. Virtually, of course.
- “Did you see anything?” “No, sir! I didn’t see you playing with your dolls again.”
- “Oh really, Vernon? Why pretend, we both know perfectly well what this is about. You want me to have an abortion.”
- “There’s more to life than a little money, ya know. Don’tcha know that? And here ya are. And it’s a beautiful day. Well. I just don’t understand it.”
- “Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and I’m gonna kick you ’til you’re dead!”
- “Search your feelings, Father, you can’t do this. I feel the conflict within you. Let go of your hate.”
- “Shall we ask this baggage to sit down or shall we just throw her out of the window?”
- “The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them! And by golly, if I could get down there, I’d be standing up to them!”
- “Well, actually, nobody on this planet ever really chooses each other. I mean, it’s all a question of quantum physics, molecular attraction, and timing. Why, there are laws we don’t understand that bring us together and tear us apart. It’s like pheromones. You get three ants together, they can’t do dick. You get 300 million of them, they can build a cathedral.”
- “So your life’s in the crapper. So your wife is banging a used car salesman – it’s humiliating, I know. But goddamnit, Harry, take it like a man!”
- “And then I’m gonna come back there and put my foot in your ass if you say “and then” again!”
[pause] “And then and then and then!”
- “It’s just, when you buy furniture, you tell yourself, that’s it. That’s the last sofa I’m gonna need. Whatever else happens, I’ve got that sofa problem handled.”
- “I suppose the life of an anorexic duck doesn’t amount to much in the broad scheme of things.”
- “Edwina’s insides were a rocky place where my seed could find no purchase.”
- “Yeah. The funny thing is – on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook.”
- “You wanna know how you do it? Here’s how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That’s the Chicago way.”